16 October 2005

First of two posts

Since I haven't posted in a while, I'm going to make two posts. This one will be fairly random things and the second one will be from the preview in the last post.

I have an apartment in the Lakeview neighborhood of Chicago. It is a one bedroom, about 800 sq.ft., I think. My first and last month's rent has been put down on it, my electricity has been scheduled, my cable and internet has been scheduled, my phone has not been scheduled yet. Most of my furniture has been ordered (sofa sleeper, recliner, dresser with mirror, nightstand, mattress, frame, third bookshelf). I already have two bookshelves and kitchen table and chairs. I have sheets for the bed, a lamp for the bedroom, an alarm clock for the bedroom, a radio for the bedroom, a vacuum, bath towels, hand towels, toothbrush holder, shower curtain, bathmat, bath rug, computer desk, phones, tv, computer, dvd player, shredder, kitchen towels, pots and pans, silverware, glassware, dishes, and a clock. I still need end tables, coffee table, lamps for the living room, tv stand, shower caddy, trash can for bathroom, trash can for kitchen, toaster oven, and maybe a George Foreman grill and Presto Pizzazz pizza oven (I love my parents' Pizzazz and my brother swears by the Foreman grill.)

The location is good. I'm one block away from a bus stop on an express line that will take me one block away from work. There are grocery stores, restaurants, banks, shops, a mall, and Wrigley Field within walking distance. Wrigley Field is farther than everything else in the list, but still technically what walking distance.

I started my packing, mostly because my mom forced me. She was sick of me taking over the living room with newest purchases. I'm putting the shredder to good use since I had a year and a half's worth of financial related papers in my room. Now to go through everything in my room and boxes in the basement to see what goes, and if staying, to trash or keep in basement (such as high school yearbooks and such).

Next post should be after the farewell open house for my cousin who will be going to ISP academy in a couple of weeks. It will be the rest of the preview and, coincidentally, like someone else's post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home