07 November 2005

Staying put

As tempting as the FedEx envelope is, I have decided to stay put. Maybe I can try again in a couple of years. Everyone is too nice and the company seems to get that a happy employee is a productive employee. How many companies give out bundles of Tootsie Roll Pops, Pez dispensers, and pencils with smiley face erasers for those brave enough to answer questions at open enrollment? How many are willing to absorb the increasing costs? Granted, it is a unique industry, but still.

I probably should tell some of my friends that I'm no longer in Goshen. Especially since I haven't heard from a particular someone in a long time who was always reliable for connecting. I wonder if her husband has something to do with that.

I managed to get some unpacking done this past weekend. I guess the thought of leaving made me want to settle down in the apartment. I even pulled out some decorations. I also put the first of personal touches to my cubicle.

My dad and grandma came to see me yesterday. He came to bring me my mail and help me stock up my kitchen. I also found out that our older 20 lb cat hadn't ate anything in a couple of days and the only water was what they spoon fed him. But it's just a simple infection so he gets special canned cat food to help build up his strength and pills forced down his throat. But it could have been much worse.

My apartment is in a bad location. There is a Barnes & Noble AND a Borders within walking distance. Somehow I've managed to resist the temptation of spending my whole check on new books. No telling how long I will be able to keep myself out, especially if I don't unpack my books soon.

Is it wrong to want a PS2 just so I can play the Karaoke Revolution games?

Well, to bed I said.

1 Comments:

At 11/08/2005 11:48 AM, Blogger Heather Leigh said...

B&N? Borders? I'd never save any money!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home