12 November 2005

Relationships and songs

Basically, I have a couple of attitudes towards dating. One, right now I don't have the time to worry about it. I'm too concerned about learning everything for work and getting settled in the city and my new apartment. Once things settle down, then maybe I'll concentrate more on it. I don't have time to mess with everything that comes with it. Two, it will happen when it will happen. Not really worried about it right now. (Granted, I've never been in a relationship, so maybe that affects my outlook.) So here are some song lyrics that kind of sum that up.

You say you fell while holding diamonds in your hands
"It's your fault for running, holding diamonds," I said
And I offer no sympathy for that
I hear that it was you who died alone
And I offer no sympathy for that
Better off I sparkle on my own
And someday love will find me in the rough
Someday love will finally be enough
. . . .
I got your love letters
I threw them all away
And I hear you think that I'm crazy
I'm driving 95
And I'm driving you away
And I shine a little more lately
Anna Nalick "In the Rough"

I don't wanna be no man's woman
It don't make me happy this mantrolling
Thing that you got for me so I become
No man's woman
I don't wanna be no man's woman
I've other work I want to get done
I haven't traveled this far to become
No man's woman
No Man's woman
Cuz I'm tired of it
And I'm so scared of it
That I'll never trust again
Cuz a man could fake you
Take your soul and make you
Miserable in so much pain
Sinead O'Connor "No Man's Woman"

It's the last thing that I need right now
Someone to bring me down
And I've got a rule that I've made up now he moved out
No way, no boys allowed
And there's a reason why I keep my distance
Don't think you're gonna understand
This is the last thing that I need right now
...........
Don't need a boyfriend
Not one like him
Don't wanna be the foolish girl I was
And end up worse again
You can say it's from me
I'll be keeping away
Don't wanna be the same foolish girl again
Diana Anaid "Last Thing"

.....I tell them I am not afraid to be alone
And there's no need to rush into something wrong
So I'm not gonna worry
No I'm in no hurry
It's in the hands of fate
There's nothing I can do
And it might be tomorrow
Or the one that follows
Got the rest of my life to look forward to
Cause everyday is one day closer to you
You might be in Montana
Living in the hills
Or you might be in Virginia
Workin' in a mill
All I know is that I haven't found you yet
But who knows maybe we've already met
Carolyn Dawn Johnson "One Day Closer to You"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home